The first Winter Event of the season was a doozy for northern Wisconsin while dropping only a few inches in Duluth/Superior. Unofficial total is 2.3″ for the event.
The snow was potentially plowable but probably left to melt in most areas with temps reaching into the high 30s today.
- 11/12 – Snow ending before midnight
- 11/12 – Snow begins late afternoon with continuing wind
- 11/11 – Rain and wind continue through the night
- 11/11 Mid-day – Rain and Wind begin
- Duluth – 2.5″ (OFFICIAL)
- Hermantown – 2.4″
- November – 2.3″ (1.6″ below normal on 11/12)
- October – T” (2.1″ below normal)
- Season – 2.3″ (4″ below normal)
- 9″ to 11″ Event:
- 5″ to 7″ Event:
- 3″ to 5″ Event:
- 1″ to 3″ Event: 11/12/15 – 2.3″
- Icing to 1″ Event:
Forecast for Property Managers
Plowable snow moving into the Duluth area late this afternoon/early evening with a Winter Weather Advisory posted for north and east of Duluth. Duluth is expected to get 1-3″ with the Arrowhead getting 3-5″and 4-6″ just east of Duluth.
Watch out because the winds are going to be blowing 25 mph and causing icing and visibility issues as temperatures drop below freezing tonight.
Update: 11/11/15 at 11 am
Forecast still on track for plowable snowfall Thursday/Friday.
Original Post 11/10/15 at 5 PM
The first actual snow for 2015 season looks to be coming to Duluth this week. A beautiful day today (Tuesday) will change to rain tomorrow followed by 1-3″ of snow Thursday into Thursday night.